Albert J. Menkveld
My two cents
I use the following software, happily.
- Chrome, great sync across machines and hand-helds, fast, simple, add Vimium if you like Vim and Disconnect for faster and more secure search.
- Gohugo to generate websites. (The credit for the typography of my website goes to Gutenberg.)
- Vim, all-purpose text editor.
- Pandas, powerful python package to analyze large datasets.
- Python, scripting language to prepare raw data and conduct statistical analysis.
- Reveal.js, flexible framework for HTML presentations.
- Useful Mac software:
- Arq for encrypted backups.
- Keyboard Maestro to automate repetitive tasks and put them under a hotkey.
- DaisyDisk to manage disk space.
- MacTeX to use latex.
- Paste to access history of clipboard content.
- Rectangle to move and resize windows.
- Skim to read and annotate PDF.
- Stretchly to not forget to take breaks.
- TextExpander to save on keystrokes.
- Xnip to make screenshots, annotate them, and share or save them (replaced my Skitch).